|Posted on May 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM|
Nothing like some bean dip for some black corn tortilla chips or some nice whole grain pita bread. Making this dip was my first time even trying to puree beans to make any type of dip. I usually just drain some canned beans and throw them in a turkey chili or quesadilla. Found out that this is a great way to put some southwestern flavor to your healthy living since the recipe I borrowed called for some Cumin.
• 1 head of garlic (roasted or raw)/ 2-3 tablespoons of minced garlic (look at the link to see how it was roasted)
• 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 can DRAINED and RINSED Black Beans (15 Oz.) (or any type of beans you like)
• 1 lemon, Juiced (I used lime)
• ½ teaspoon Cumin
• Pepper (add salt if the can of beans had none)
I mixed everything together, excluding the olive oil and pureed it all in a blender. After it was kind of smooth, I started to add the olive oil in.
I added the dip to some sprouted grain bread to make a veggie sandwich. I got some applause from my friends even though I didn’t like it as much as I wanted. HOWEVER, I love it as it was intended to be. A DIP.